Teaching Assistant – 36 hours per week/38 weeks
Mossbourne Community Academy
Salary: £16,674.63 - £18,677.93
Application closing date: 28/12/2048
Contract Type: Full-Time (Permanent)Apply now
Salary: £16,674.63 – £18,677.93
Start Date: Depending on applicants circumstances
Work Pattern: Full time (36 hours per week/38 weeks)
Location: Mossbourne Community Academy, 100 Downs Road, Hackney, E5 8JY
Interview Dates: TBC
Closing Date: Ongoing
The Mossbourne Federation is the realisation of Sir Clive Bourne’s dream to provide the children of Hackney with an outstanding education. Since 2004 the Federation has nurtured Sir Clive’s dream by fostering kind, courteous, hard-working and well-rounded learners by providing an outstanding education based on the core values of ‘Excellence’, ‘No Excuses’ and ‘Unity’. Through upholding these core values, Mossbourne will be the first academy federation whose schools are without exception, exceptional.
The Federation’s calm working atmosphere creates well-rounded individuals who excel in the arts, on the sporting field and academically. All learners, regardless of ability, benefit from the innovative and enlightened approaches to teaching and learning within The Mossbourne Federation.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies: Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary and which includes The Mossbourne Federation Sixth Form), Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary), Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary) and Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary).
About Mossbourne Community Academy
The Mossbourne Federation’s flagship academy, Mossbourne Community Academy (MCA) is built on high expectations and doing right by the pupils in our care in order for them to succeed. MCA has not only changed the face of education in Hackney, but has also raised the bar in educational expectations to the highest level; we achieve recognition nationally for setting a new benchmark for non-selective comprehensive education. All pupils, regardless of background or ability, are encouraged to achieve their true potential. With outstanding GCSE and A-level results, year on year, Mossbourne Community Academy is placed within the top 1% of schools in the country.
We are seeking an outstanding Teaching Assistant with a passion for working with students of all abilities, with the talent to drive our pupils to achieve outstanding results.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working with and supporting children to enable them to make accelerated progress in their learning;
- Excellent English, Mathematics, IT and communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the academy’s place in educating pupils and the importance of promoting the moral, spiritual, social and cultural development of pupils from a multi-cultural community;
- An understanding of the National Curriculum and of the varied needs and difficulties presented by students with special needs;
- Enthusiasm to ensure that students get the education which they rightly deserve;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents;
- Ability to raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability;
- Willingness to be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold Mossbourne’s values;
- Commitment to the safeguarding of students;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach;
- Professional manner at all times.
For further information about the role, please refer to the Job Description – Teaching Assistant JD
Federation staff are rewarded through access to a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to:
- First Rate Professional Development
- NQT Training Programme
- Season Ticket Loans
- MossBike – Cycle to work scheme
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Discounts at local restaurants
- Recruitment Applicant Awards
- The Mossbourne Allowance (conditions apply)
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application.
“The Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.”
NB: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. The Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline. We advise early applications are submitted.
You can follow us on LinkedIn at – https://www.linkedin.com/company/mossbourne-federation/