Teaching Assistant with Manual Handling Responsibility – 36 hours per week/38 weeks
Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy
Salary: £17,133.27 - £19,191.67 + £1200 for Manual Handling Responsibility
Start date: 01/10/2021
Application closing date: 01/10/2021
Contract Type: Full-Time (Permanent)Apply now
Salary – £17,133.27 – £19,191.67 + £1,200 for Manual Handling Responsibility
Start date – 1st October 2021
Work pattern – Full time (36 hours per week/38 weeks)
Contract – Permanent
Closing date – 1st October 2021
Interview dates – TBC
Location –Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy, Victoria Park Road, Hackney, E9 7HD
Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy is currently seeking a Teaching Assistant (with MHR) to join the team.
We are seeking an outstanding Teaching Assistant (with MHR) who is passionate about working with students of all abilities, with the talent to drive our pupils to achieve outstanding results. You must be passionate about education, well organised and willing to go the extra mile. You will be required to work in close liaison with the class teacher to support the students and their learning and support the daily classroom routine. You will be required to carry out a wide variety of tasks under the direction and supervision of the teaching staff and senior TA. You will assist and support teachers in their professional duties and supervise children’s work and play activities. In addition, you will attend Manual Handling training annually and be responsible for carrying out manual handling to assist physically disabled students and those requiring additional support to use the toilet; to carry out physiotherapy related activities using a hoist and in any other activity specified by the Senior TA and Head of Inclusion.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working with and supporting children to enable them to make accelerated progress in their learning;
- Excellent English, Mathematics, IT and communication skills;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the academy’s place in educating pupils and the importance of promoting the moral, spiritual, social and cultural development of pupils from a multi-cultural community;
- An understanding of the National Curriculum and of the varied needs and difficulties presented by students with special needs;
- Enthusiasm to ensure that students get the education which they rightly deserve;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents;
- Ability to raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability;
- Willingness to be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold Mossbourne’s values;
- Commitment to the safeguarding of students;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach;
- Professional manner at all times.
Working for a Mossbourne Federation Academy means being part of a community of exceptional practitioners. Colleagues are warm, welcoming and supportive of each other. As one of the country’s leading federations, expectations of staff are high. The Mossbourne Federation engages with, and supports its workforce, thus creating an inspirational working environment which nurtures the development of personal and professional excellence.
Set within the metropolitan borough of Hackney, all Mossbourne Federation academies are in close proximity to London Overground stations, providing a no-fuss commute for colleagues living in other London boroughs. London’s fashionable ‘East and West Ends’, are also only a short distance away.
Federation staff are rewarded through access to a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to;
- First Rate Professional Development
- NQT Training Programme
- Season Ticket Loans
- MossBike Cycle to work scheme
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Discounts at local restaurants
- Recruitment Applicant Awards
- The Mossbourne Allowance (conditions apply)
If you are passionate about innovative education, have a commitment to personal excellence and are ready for a new challenge, we welcome your application.
Please view the job description here: Teaching Assistant with Manual Handling Responsibility Applicant Pack
Please note that CVs or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
“The Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.”
Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to modify the above contents in order to ensure the needs of the Federation and the students are being met. The above list is not a comprehensive list; it simply outlines the expectations for this role. Mossbourne Federation provides equal employment opportunities to all employment applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or status. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. The post holder must be committed to safeguarding the welfare of children.
The Mossbourne Federation is actively seeking to increase the proportion of our workforce who come from diverse backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people of Black, Asian and other minority ethnic descent. Injustice, discrimination and intolerance go against the core tenets of the Mossbourne ethos. We actively reject discrimination in our academies through continuous review of our working policies & practices across the federation, including at board level. We are committed to developing and supporting inclusivity, diversity and anti-racism in every facet of what we do.
You can follow us on LinkedIn at – https://www.linkedin.com/company/mossbourne-federation/